- 1 loaf soft Italian bread (about 12 ounces), unsliced
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or pressed through a garlic press
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- kosher salt
- Heat oven to 400° F. Slice the loaf into 1-inch-thick slices without cutting all the way through the bread.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes; let cool slightly. Add the parsley and ½ teaspoon salt. Brush the butter mixture between the slices and wrap the loaf in foil.
- Bake until warmed through, 10 to 15 minutes. Open the foil and bake until lightly toasted on top, 5 to 7 minutes more. Serve warm.