- 4 large plum tomatoes (about 1 pound), diced (to yield 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. If you prefer a smoother texture―more like jarred―pulse half the salsa in a food processor, then combine it with the remaining chunky half. Cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 5 days.