Easy Beef Stroganoff
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 4- to 4.5-ounce can or jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 8-ounce container sour cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons steak sauce
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steak with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- In 2 batches, cook the steak until browned, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Return the skillet to medium heat and add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Add the onion and bell pepper (if desired); cook until softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and beef and cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and steak sauce and stir the mixture into the beef and mushrooms. Serve over the noodles.
- Per Serving
- Calories 623Calories From Fat 240
- Fat 27g
- Sat Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 128mg
- Sodium 546mg
- Protein 30g
- Carbohydrate 61g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 95mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To easily slice extra-thin strips for stir-frying, put the steak in the freezer for 20 minutes beforehand.