Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened but not browned, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the carrots, broth, ginger, 1¼ teaspoons of the salt, and the pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the carrots are soft, about 20 minutes. Let cool at least 10 minutes.
- Using a blender, puree the soup in batches until smooth. Return to pot and rewarm over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk the cream in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Fold in the remaining salt and the dill. Divide the soup among individual bowls and top with the dill cream.
- Per Serving
- Calories 254Calories From Fat 57%
- Fat 16g
- Sat Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 41mg
- Sodium 907mg
- Carbohydrate 23g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 7g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Tightly wrap any leftover ginger in plastic and store it in the freezer, where it can last up to a month. No need to thaw―you can slice or grate frozen ginger.