Dumplings With Soy Slaw
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 9-ounce packages fresh or frozen dumplings or pot stickers
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, plus more for serving
- hot sauce to taste (optional)
- 1 16-ounce bag coleslaw mix
- 5 scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- soy sauce
- Cook the dumplings according to the package directions. (Pan-frying is preferable to steaming.)
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, ¼ cup water, and hot sauce (if desired). Add the coleslaw mix and toss.
- Divide the slaw among individual bowls and sprinkle with the scallions and peanuts. Top with the cooked dumplings.
- Pour any sauce that remains in the slaw bowl over the dumplings. Serve with additional soy sauce on the side.
- Per Serving
- Calories 303Calories From Fat 30%
- Fat 10g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 571mg
- Carbohydrate 44g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 9g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Stockpile dumplings, available in flavors like chicken, pork, and vegetarian, in the freezer for a last-minute dinner.