- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2teaspoons baking powder
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 5tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1cup buttermilk (can be low-fat)
- Heat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Using a pastry blender, 2 knives held crisscross fashion, or your fingertips, add the butter to the flour mixture and mix until crumbly. Add the buttermilk and, with a wooden spoon, stir until combined. The dough should be very sticky.
- Using the spoon or your fingertips, drop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the baking sheet. Bake until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve hot.