Drop-and-Bake Lace Cookies
Makes 36 cookies| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 tablespoons (1⁄2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/3 cup very finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a small saucepan, combine the butter, sugars, and cream and bring to a boil. Boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in the pecans, flour, and salt.
- Drop level teaspoons of the warm batter, spacing them 4 inches apart, onto parchment-lined baking sheets. If the batter cools between batches and can’t be scooped, rewarm it slightly.
- Bake, rotating the sheets halfway through, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on the sheets until firm, about 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 cookie
- Calories 39
- Fat 3g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 14mg
- Protein 0g
- Carbohydrate 4g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 0mg
- Calcium 3mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Giving these delicate cookies as a present? Place a layer of crumpled tissue paper in the bottom of the gift box before adding the fragile rounds.