Dried-Cherry and Italian Sausage Stuffing
Serves 8-10| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 6 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes and toasted (10 cups)
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 3/4 pound Italian sausage, casings removed, cooked, and crumbled
- 3/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 14.5-ounce cans chicken broth
- Melt the butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the celery and onions and cook until translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a large bowl or pan, combine the celery and onions with the bread, cherries, sausage, parsley, salt, and pepper. Add the broth and stir until well combined.
- Using a large spoon, loosely stuff the mixture into the turkey just before roasting. Cover and bake any unused stuffing in a 325° F oven for 1 hour; uncover and bake for 15 minutes more. Serve warm.
- Per Serving
- Calories 335Calories From Fat 45%
- Calcium 104mg
- Carbohydrate 36g
- Cholesterol 38mg
- Fat 17g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 3mg
- Protein 9mg
- Sat Fat 9g
- Sodium 795mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Avoid onion-chopping tears by lighting a candle.