- 1/2cup butter (1 stick)
- 6 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes and toasted (10 cups)
- 1cup dried cherries
- 3/4pound Italian sausage, casings removed, cooked, and crumbled
- 3/4cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- 1teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 214.5-ounce cans chicken broth
- Melt the butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the celery and onions and cook until translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a large bowl or pan, combine the celery and onions with the bread, cherries, sausage, parsley, salt, and pepper. Add the broth and stir until well combined.
- Using a large spoon, loosely stuff the mixture into the turkey just before roasting. Cover and bake any unused stuffing in a 325° F oven for 1 hour; uncover and bake for 15 minutes more. Serve warm.