Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, salt, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, stirring to melt the butter; remove from heat. Add the flour and stir to combine.
- Return to medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the pan and a film forms on the bottom of the pan, about 1 minute. Let cool 5 minutes.
- One at a time, add 4 of the eggs, mixing well after each addition. The batter should be shiny and smooth and hold its shape on a spoon.
- Using one soup spoon to scoop the dough and another to scrape it off, drop tablespoon-size mounds of the dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart (you should get about 24). In a small bowl, beat the remaining egg; brush the egg over the dough.
- Bake, rotating the sheets halfway through, until puffed and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely on the baking sheets.
- Before serving, cut the puffs in half horizontally, fill with the ice cream, and drizzle with the Dark Chocolate Sauce.
- Per ServingServing Size: 3 profiteroles with dark chocolate sauce
- Calories 487
- Fat 29g
- Sat Fat 16g
- Cholesterol 182mg
- Sodium 141mg
- Protein 10g
- Carbohydrate 54g
- Sugar 38g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 102mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The pastry can be made up to 1 day in advance. Keep at room temperature in an airtight container. If necessary, recrisp in a 400° F oven for 5 minutes.