Double Chocolate-Chip Cookies
Makes 3 dozen cookies| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk-chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cream the butter and sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed. Lower to medium speed and add the egg and vanilla. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. On low speed, add the dry mixture to the butter mixture. Beat until fully incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into approximately 1 1/2-inch balls. Place on parchment- or foil-lined baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the centers are just set, about 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.
- Per Serving
- Calories 91Calories From Fat 41%
- Calcium 15mg
- Carbohydrate 13g
- Cholesterol 13mg
- Fat 4g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 1mg
- Protein 1mg
- Sat Fat 2g
- Sodium 62mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .