- 1/2cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- 1/2cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup milk-chocolate chips
- 1/2cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cream the butter and sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed. Lower to medium speed and add the egg and vanilla. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. On low speed, add the dry mixture to the butter mixture. Beat until fully incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into approximately 1 1/2-inch balls. Place on parchment- or foil-lined baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the centers are just set, about 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.