pizza dough, thawed if frozen
flour for the work surface
(4 ounces) shredded mozzarella
salami, roughly chopped
14- to 16-ounce jar pasta sauce
- Heat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 7-inch round and transfer to the baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, and salami. Dividing evenly, spoon the mixture over half of each round, leaving a ½-inch border.
- Using your fingers, wet the border with water. Fold the uncovered side of the dough over the filling and press the edges to seal.
- Brush the tops of the calzones with the oil and bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with the warm pasta sauce on the side.