- 1 1-pound box penne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 bell peppers (any color), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 large clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 24- to 26-ounce jar pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- Cook the penne according to the package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the bell peppers, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta sauce and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Divide the pasta among individual bowls. Top with the sauce, a dollop of the ricotta, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.