- 12 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- kosher salt and black pepper
- fried onions, for serving
- Place the eggs in a large saucepan and add enough cold water to cover them by 1 inch. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 12 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to cool.
- Peel the eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Transfer the yolks to a small bowl and mash with the mayonnaise, capers, zest, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Spoon the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Top each with a pinch of fried onions.