Deep-Dish Pepperoni Pizza With Arugula Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces store-bought pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1/2 pound mozzarella, grated (2 cups)
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 4 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce sliced pepperoni
- 2 bunches arugula, thick stems removed (about 8 cups)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 400° F. Coat a 9-inch oven-proof skillet or cake pan with 1 ½ tablespoons of the oil. Press the dough into the pan, covering the bottom and sides. Top with half the mozzarella, then the tomatoes, oregano, and remaining mozzarella.
- In a small bowl, toss the onion, olives, mushrooms, and pepperoni with ½ tablespoon of the remaining oil; scatter over the pizza. Bake until the crust is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the arugula with the vinegar, the remaining tablespoon of oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Serve with the pizza.
- Per Serving
- Calories 528
- Fat 29g
- Sat Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 50mg
- Sodium 1,356mg
- Protein 23g
- Carbohydrate 44g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 364mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .