Deep-Dish Cheeseburger Pizza
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus more for the pan
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 pound plain or whole-wheat pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup grated Cheddar (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 425° F. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with the back of a spoon, until no longer pink, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the barbecue sauce.
- Oil a 10-inch ovenproof skillet and press the pizza dough into the bottom and up the sides.
- Top the dough with the beef and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Top with the arugula, tomato, and onion. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Per Serving
- Calories 606Calories From Fat 251
- Protein 29g
- Carbohydrate 64g
- Sugar 8g
- Fiber 3g
- Fat 28g
- Sat Fat 10g
- Calcium 223mg
- Iron 5mg
- Sodium 788mg
- Cholesterol 64mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
If you don’t have a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, you can use a 9-inch cake pan.