plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus more for the pan
plain or whole-wheat pizza dough, thawed if frozen
grated Cheddar (about 4 ounces)
small tomato, sliced
small red onion, thinly sliced
kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 425° F. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with the back of a spoon, until no longer pink, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the barbecue sauce.
- Oil a 10-inch ovenproof skillet and press the pizza dough into the bottom and up the sides.
- Top the dough with the beef and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Top with the arugula, tomato, and onion. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with a pinch each of salt and pepper.