long-grain white rice
snow peas, sliced lengthwise
torn fresh basil leaves
fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
kosher salt and black pepper
14-ounce can coconut milk
1 to 2
Thai red curry paste
frozen peeled and deveined large shrimp, thawed
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss the snow peas, sprouts, basil, oil, 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, whisk together the coconut milk, curry paste, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp and simmer, stirring occasionally, until they are opaque throughout, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- Top the rice with the shrimp and curry sauce, then the snow pea mixture. Serve with the lime wedges, if desired.