- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2cloves garlic, crushed
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1teaspoon curry powder
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes
- Greek yogurt, for serving
- fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring, until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds more. Add the tomatoes (with their juices) and ½ cup water and bring to a boil.
- In a blender, puree until smooth. Top with the yogurt and cilantro.