- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Asian chili-garlic sauce
- Cook the onion in the oil with ¾ teaspoon salt in a large pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the curry paste, butternut squash, chicken broth, and coconut milk. Simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Stir in the lime juice. Drizzle with the Asian chili-garlic sauce before serving.