- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked or shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 10 cups stemmed and torn kale (about 1 bunch) or mustard greens
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spread the coconut on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing occasionally, until golden, 3 to 5 minutes; let cool.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and curry powder and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add as much kale to the skillet as will fit, ½ cup water, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Cook, tossing frequently and adding more kale when there is room, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the lime juice to the kale in the skillet and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the coconut and crushed red pepper.