Curried Chicken Salad With Grapes
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (preferably Madras)
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons chutney
- 1 2- to 2 1/2-pound rotisserie chicken, meat cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 small red onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 medium bunch seedless green grapes, halved (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 10-ounce bag baby spinach leaves
- In a large, deep skillet, cook the onion in the oil over medium heat, stirring, until golden brown, about 10 minutes
- Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in the tomato juice, wine, and chutney and simmer for 2 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chicken. Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- Toss the chicken mixture with the celery, red onion, mayonnaise, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Fold in the grapes and spinach.
- Per Serving
- Calories 574Calories From Fat 290
- Fat 32g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 135mg
- Sodium 733mg
- Protein 48g
- Carbohydrate 20g
- Sugar 10g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 101mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Most fruit chutneys will work in this recipe. For the best flavor, opt for Major Grey’s or cranberry.