- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2tablespoons curry powder (preferably Madras)
- 1/2cup tomato juice
- 1/2cup dry red wine
- 2tablespoons chutney
- 12- to 2 1/2-pound rotisserie chicken, meat cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 small red onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4cup mayonnaise
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 medium bunch seedless green grapes, halved (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 110-ounce bag baby spinach leaves
- In a large, deep skillet, cook the onion in the oil over medium heat, stirring, until golden brown, about 10 minutes
- Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in the tomato juice, wine, and chutney and simmer for 2 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chicken. Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- Toss the chicken mixture with the celery, red onion, mayonnaise, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Fold in the grapes and spinach.