- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 fresh pears, unpeeled, cored, and cut into eighths
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1tablespoon curry powder
- 1tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2cups chicken broth
- 1tablespoon ketchup
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken. Cook 5 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the pears and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Remove from the skillet.
- Add the onion and remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet and cook until soft, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder and flour. Add the broth and ketchup and bring to a boil.
- Return the chicken and pears to the pan and coat with the sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Divide among plates.