Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced or slivered almonds
- Using a rolling pin, pound the chicken between 2 sheets of wax paper until they are of uniform thickness. Heat the oil and garlic and curry powder in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the oil shimmers and the garlic browns. (Don't burn the garlic.)
- Add the chicken breasts and cook until golden, 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Add the salt, pepper, apple juice, chicken broth, and raisins. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 3 minutes longer or until the chicken is fork-tender. Remove the chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Increase heat to high and boil the sauce until thickened or syrupy, 3 to 5 minutes. Whisk in the heavy cream and pour the sauce over the chicken. Garnish with the almonds.
- Per Serving
- Calories 275
- Calcium 40mg
- Carbohydrate 13g
- Cholesterol 89mg
- Fat 11g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 2mg
- Protein 30mg
- Sat Fat 3g
- Sodium 658mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Buy organic: The grains that dairy cows eat can be treated with chemicals, which have a residual presence in milk and dairy products.