Cupcakes With Vanilla Ice Cream Frosting
Serves 12| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 12 medium yellow cupcakes
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- sprinkles or candy (optional)
- Arrange the cupcakes on a baking sheet. Place them in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Scoop the ice cream into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat with a paddle attachment until it's soft but still holds its shape, about 2 minutes. Spoon the ice cream over the cold cupcakes, creating swoops and peaks. Decorate with the sprinkles or candy, if using, and serve immediately, or return to freezer and chill until the ice cream is firm, about 30 minutes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 243Calories From Fat 31%
- Calcium 69mg
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Cholesterol 19mg
- Fat 8g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 1mg
- Protein 4mg
- Sat Fat 4g
- Sodium 283mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
There are great non-dairy alternatives that can be substituted for ice cream in all these recipes. Try the vanilla from Turtle Mountain Purely Decadent Soy Delicious; it has the richness of ice cream without the dairy.