boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
chopped red onion
jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
canned black beans, rinsed and drained
frozen corn kernels, thawed
cherry tomato halves
scallions, thinly sliced
coarsely chopped cilantro
red wine vinegar
kosher salt and black pepper
- Place the chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Pound with a mallet to ½-inch thickness. Combine the cumin with the cayenne and rub over the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the chicken for 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Return the skillet with the pan drippings to medium heat. Add the onion and jalapeño. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, and 3 tablespoons water and cook, stirring, 1 or 2 minutes, until just heated through. Remove from heat.
- Toss with the scallions, cilantro, and vinegar. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Slice the chicken and arrange on top of the beans.