Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
Serves 6 to 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 English (seedless) cucumbers, ends trimmed
- 12 slices white sandwich bread
- 6 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- Cut each cucumber crosswise into 4 equal pieces. Thinly slice each cucumber piece lengthwise into strips.
- Place the bread slices on a work surface. Spread a thin layer of cream cheese onto each slice.
- Divide the cucumber and dill evenly among 6 of the slices (you may not need all the cucumber).
- Top with the remaining bread. Trim the crusts and cut into quarters.
- Per Serving
- Calories 218
- Fat 12g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 31mg
- Sodium 308mg
- Protein 6g
- Carbohydrate 23g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 111mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The secret to a perfect tea sandwich isn't fancy ingredients; it's adherence to a basic framework. Start with thinly sliced bread, use just enough mayonnaise (a light coating on each slice of bread) to prevent sogginess, and exercise restraint when adding the filling (it's a tea sandwich, not a sub).