Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 400º F. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook the pork until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Let cool, then shred.
- Layer some of the cheese, ham, pickles, and pork on the bottom halves of the 4 baguette pieces. Top with the remaining bread.
- Wrap each sandwich tightly in a 12-inch square of aluminum foil, then press them with the palm of your hand to flatten slightly.
- Place the sandwiches in the oven and heat until crispy and warm, about 15 minutes. Unwrap and serve.
- Per Serving
- Calories 671Calories From Fat 246
- Fat 27g
- Sat Fat 12g
- Cholesterol 122mg
- Sodium 1,781mg
- Protein 52g
- Carbohydrate 51g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 572mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve the sandwiches with sliced cucumbers, halved grape tomatoes, and diced yellow bell peppers tossed with lemon juice and olive oil.