- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 4 thin pork cutlets (about 3/4 pound total)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2pound Swiss cheese, sliced
- 1/2pound deli ham, sliced
- 4 dill pickles, thinly sliced (or about 24 hamburger slices)
- 1 large baguette, cut into 4 pieces, each halved lengthwise
- Heat oven to 400º F. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook the pork until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Let cool, then shred.
- Layer some of the cheese, ham, pickles, and pork on the bottom halves of the 4 baguette pieces. Top with the remaining bread.
- Wrap each sandwich tightly in a 12-inch square of aluminum foil, then press them with the palm of your hand to flatten slightly.
- Place the sandwiches in the oven and heat until crispy and warm, about 15 minutes. Unwrap and serve.