Crispy Cod With Broccoli and Parmesan Butter
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pound Pacific cod fillet, skin removed; cut into 2 1/2-inch-long pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1/2 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into 1/2-inch florets
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Heat oven to 400° F. Rub the cod with the oil and season with ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Dip the tops of the fish (not the side from which the skin has been removed) in the cornflakes and place on a parchment- or foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the fish until just cooked through and opaque, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli until tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the Parmesan and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Divide the fish and broccoli among plates. Serve with the sauce in small ramekins for dipping.
- Per Serving
- Calories 393Calories From Fat 66%
- Fat 29g
- Sat Fat 16g
- Cholesterol 137mg
- Sodium 327mg
- Carbohydrate 5g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 29g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
On a budget? Try this kid-friendly dish with tilapia instead of cod.