Crispy Herbed Chicken Strips
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 8 small chicken cutlets (1½ pounds total), cut into wide strips
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Kirby cucumbers, cut into spears
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and dill.
- Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Coat the chicken with flour. Dip in the egg (letting any excess drip off). Then coat with the bread crumb mixture, pressing gently to help it adhere.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken in batches until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve with the cucumber spears and ranch dressing.
- Per Serving
- Calories 597Calories From Fat 282
- Protein 41g
- Carbohydrate 37g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 2g
- Fat 31g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Calcium 58mg
- Iron 3mg
- Sodium 668mg
- Cholesterol 148mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve the chicken strips with corn salad. Combine 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels with chopped chives, olive oil, salt, and pepper.