Crispy Chicken Salad With Pickles and Lima Beans
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders (about 16)
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 head romaine lettuce, leaves torn into bite-size pieces (6 cups)
- 1/2 cup sliced dill pickles
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 450° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the bread crumbs with the oil and ¹/₄ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Toast in oven, tossing once, until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a shallow bowl. Wipe out the baking sheet and place an oven-safe wire rack inside.
- Season the chicken with ¹/₄ teaspoon each salt and pepper and dip in the bread crumbs, pressing gently to help them adhere. Place on the rack and bake until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the lima beans according to the package directions; drain and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, 3 tablespoons water, and ¹/₄ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the lettuce, pickles, onion, and lima beans and toss to combine. Serve topped with the chicken.
- Per Serving
- Calories 506
- Fat 20g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 100mg
- Sodium 788mg
- Protein 43g
- Carbohydrate 37g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 96mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
You can make this dish using 1½ pounds of chicken cutlets instead of tenders. Increase the cooking time to 12 to 15 minutes and slice the cutlets before adding them to the salad.