- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- ½ small head red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (1½ pounds)
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup canola oil
- lemon wedges, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the cabbage and carrots and toss to combine; set aside.
- Place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Pound the chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to ½ inch thick; season with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Coat with the flour (tapping off any excess), dip in the eggs (shaking off any excess), then coat with the bread crumbs, pressing gently to help them adhere.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the coleslaw and lemon wedges.