- 1/4 small head cabbage, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/3cup mayonnaise
- 1/4cup pickle relish
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2cup panko bread crumbs
- 8 chicken cutlets (1 1/2 pounds total)
- 4tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, broccoli, carrots, mayonnaise, relish, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Place the egg and panko in separate shallow bowls. Dividing evenly, season the chicken with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Dip in the egg (shaking off any excess), then coat with the panko, pressing gently to help it adhere.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook the chicken until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve with the slaw.