Crispy Catfish Cakes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 6-ounce catfish fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 slices soft white bread, torn
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, thawed if frozen
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 dill pickle, finely chopped
- Place the fillets on a baking sheet. Lightly coat both sides with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Broil the fish until opaque throughout and slightly charred, 3 to 5 minutes per side. When cool enough to handle, flake into small pieces.
- In a food processor, pulse the bread until fine crumbs form.
- In a large bowl, combine the crumbs with the corn, scallions, parsley, eggs, and flaked fish. Mix well and form into 8 large cakes.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, shallot, dill, lemon juice, and pickle.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the cakes until crispy and golden brown, carefully turning once, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Serve with the tartar sauce.
- Per Serving
- Calories 794Calories From Fat 600
- Fat 67g
- Sat Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 271mg
- Sodium 856mg
- Protein 34g
- Carbohydrate 13g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 64mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve the fish cakes and tartar sauce with spinach sautéed in olive oil and fresh lemon juice.