Gnocchi With Pesto, Green Beans, and Ricotta
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pound gnocchi (fresh or frozen)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 pound green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 8-ounce container store-bought pesto (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- Cook the gnocchi according to the package directions. Drain and return them to the pot.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon salt. Add the green beans and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes; drain.
- Add the pesto and cream to the gnocchi and cook over medium heat, stirring, just until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide gnocchi among bowls and top with the green beans, ricotta, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Per Serving
- Calories 631
- Fat 37g
- Sat Fat 13g
- Cholesterol 56mg
- Sodium 1344mg
- Protein 22g
- Carbohydrate 55g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 7g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
If you can’t find gnocchi, tortellini will work. In place of green beans, try adding frozen peas to the pasta pot for the last 2 minutes of cooking.