Creamy Shrimp Salad With Endive and Cucumber
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cornichons, sliced, plus 3 tablespoons of the brine
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound cooked peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 head Boston lettuce, torn (about 6 cups)
- 2 heads endive, sliced
- 1 small English cucumber, cut into thin half-moons
- 6 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, sour cream, cornichon brine, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp, lettuce, endive, cucumber, radishes, tarragon, and cornichons and toss to combine.
- Per Serving
- Calories 216
- Fat 5g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 183mg
- Sodium 482mg
- Protein 28g
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 9g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 247mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Tarragon, a fresh herb commonly used in French cooking, tastes a bit like licoricey basil. If you can’t find it, parsley or basil will do in its place.