Creamy Shrimp and Poblanos
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the poblanos and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, corn, cream, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Simmer until the shrimp are opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve over the rice.
- Per Serving
- Calories 590Calories From Fat 210
- Fat 23g
- Sat Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 320mg
- Sodium 549mg
- Protein 41g
- Carbohydrate 52g
- Sugar 1g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 6mg
- Calcium 132mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
If you can’t find poblanos (they’re like long, narrow bell peppers but with a slow, subtle heat), use 1 green bell pepper and 1 jalapeño instead.