long-grain white rice
kosher salt and black pepper
dry white wine
large shrimp, peeled and deveined
package frozen corn
- In a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, combine the rice, 1 ¼ cups water, and ½ teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Stir once, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 18 minutes. (Do not lift the lid or stir!) Remove the rice from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel, let cool, then break into pieces.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the cream and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the shrimp, corn, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Simmer until cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in the bacon and serve over the rice.