Creamy Rice With Roasted Shrimp
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 400º F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion until soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the rice and wine and cook, stirring, until the wine is absorbed.
- Add 2 cups water and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Simmer, covered, over low heat until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss the shrimp, tomatoes, thyme, garlic, remaining tablespoon of oil, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Roast until the shrimp are cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve over the rice.
- Per Serving
- Calories 412
- Fat 10g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 172mg
- Sodium 658mg
- Protein 29g
- Carbohydrate 50g
- Fiber 5g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
These garlicky shrimp are also delicious served over pasta or grits.