Creamy Ravioli With Squash, Lemon, and Chives
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 16 to 18 ounces cheese ravioli (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 summer squash (zucchini and/or yellow squash; about 1 1⁄2 pounds), thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino or Parmesan (2 ounces), plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the squash and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, tossing often, until the vegetables are just beginning to soften, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and lemon zest and cook until the vegetables are tender and the cream is slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the squash mixture, pecorino, ¼ cup of the reserved cooking water, and ½ teaspoon salt to the pasta and toss gently to combine (add more cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce).
- Serve sprinkled with the chives and additional pecorino.
- Per Serving
- Calories 630
- Fat 35g
- Sat Fat 19g
- Cholesterol 136mg
- Sodium 1,236mg
- Protein 24g
- Carbohydrate 56g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 417mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .