- 3pounds small red new potatoes (about 24)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8slices bacon
- 1/2cup mayonnaise
- 1/4cup sour cream
- 3tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4cup chopped fresh tarragon
- Place the potatoes in a large pot. Add enough cold water to cover and bring to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to cool. Cut into quarters.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Let cool, then break into pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Add the potatoes and celery and toss to coat. Fold in the parsley, tarragon, and bacon before serving.