- 3/4 pound orecchiette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 3/4 cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, cook the oil, garlic, red pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and sizzling, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the tomatoes, ricotta, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking water to the pasta; toss to coat. (Add more cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce.)
- Serve topped with the chili oil and basil.