- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 finely chopped cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 cups cauliflower florets
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- chives and bacon, for serving
- Cook yellow onion, garlic, and thyme in the butter until tender.
- Add the cauliflower florets and ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, covered, until the cauliflower is tender. Add chicken broth and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and cook for 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Garnish with chives and bacon.