- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the baking dish
- kosher salt
- 1 cup polenta (not instant or quick-cooking)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups grated Parmesan (about 5 ounces)
- Heat oven to 350° F. Butter a 9-by-13-inch or another shallow 3-quart baking dish. In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups of water and 2 teaspoons salt to a boil. Gradually whisk in the polenta. Cook over medium heat, whisking often, until the polenta is very thick, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the butter, eggs, and 1 cup of the Parmesan. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup of Parmesan. Bake until the top is set and golden, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve in the baking dish.