- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/28-ounce bar reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4cup 1 percent milk
- 210-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4teaspoon nutmeg
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring, until soft, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and milk and cook, stirring, until the cream cheese is melted.
- Squeeze any excess liquid out of the spinach, add the spinach to the sauce, and cook until the mixture is heated through and thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with the nutmeg.