Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes 4 cups| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 8-ounce bars cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch kosher salt
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter on high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add the sugar, then the vanilla and salt, and beat until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1/10 of recipe
- Calories 337
- Fat 17g
- Sat Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 49mg
- Sodium 69mg
- Protein 2g
- Carbohydrate 46g
- Sugar 45g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 0mg
- Calcium 21mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The frosting will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature and, using an electric mixer, beat on low until light and fluffy before using.