- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shelled roasted pistachios
- Heat oven to 350º F. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until just smooth. One at a time, beat in the eggs. Mix in the almond extract. Add the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Mix in the cranberries and pistachios.
- Divide the dough in half and shape into two 10-by-2-inch logs. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until just golden around the edges and firm to the touch, 22 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 300º F. Using a serrated knife, cut the logs into ½-inch-thick slices. Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake until dry and crisp, 15 to 18 minutes per side.